Saturday 1 August 2009

Obama!! Big in Antigua...

SUPRISE SUPRISE!!

Didn't check this CD, Obama was so last year.... it's all about Burning Flames & and this midget dude!!

Biggest tune on the island right now is "Come Jam with the Midget".....

for such a small man, it's a pretty large tune... with absolutely no consideration for lyrics, just pure ridddddim....



Vybez FM (click to listen) seems to be the one thumpin' out all the pre Carnival info & riddims.


Anywayz, Carnival hasn't started yet, so I've been with the fam on a pure island exploration vibe for the past 2 days.... and for such a small island. There's bare shit, well? Not that much. Goats, sheep, beaches, nuff beaches, heat, mash up roads..... and a few other random bits.


My Cousins Restaurant...

yeah!! Got nuff cousins and uncles out here... but there's actually a direct lineage to this one....

My brother went to get his hair trimmed the other day, and then after he was done, my Dad figured out that the barber was some kind of Cousin.... it's definitely quite creepy!


One of these mo foes munched the wireless router I brought out with me... however, the fantasy of wi fi by the pool was still realized thanks to the powers of Super Dad...


The Richards Clan on a Paparazzo flex....


I thought I'd found a moment to myself.... Sister Paparazzo takes no prisoners!!!

Along with the English Harbour Rum, Wadadli Beer has been causing all kinds lothargic situations for me.... a really useless piece of general knowledge, is that Wadadli is the original name of the island.... before the Spanish and English came and... erm...? Pilaged it!!


If you knew my Uncle Carty, you'd find it no surprise that he decided to name a street after himself...!! and got away with it!!


There's a reason why I'm looking behind me....



yeah!! forget the photo opportunity!!

random beauty....

and again....

i've got a hard drive full of picturesque photos, in storage for when I setup that postcard printing company.


Billboard theft is a major issue on the island.... probably because there's nothing else to do..!!


Bus Stop.... not really the best mode of transport, if you've got any kind of plan!!

I'm not 100% sure how basketball, or in fact? Moving anything other than your little finger is possible in this heat...!!!

CARNIVAL.... soon come... I'm gonna go and put my life in danger at Lions Den tonight!!

Yeah!! it's as raw as it sounds, and probably even further....

In fact!! The imagination doesn't stretch far enough!!

I'm taking a cricket helmet and a super soaker!!

Nuff Said!!